The Brooklyn Museum Lifetime Achievement Award 1995.
The Russel Wright Award for Design Excellence, 2001.
The Honorary Royal Designer for Industry Award, Londra, 1996.
The National Design Lifetime Achievement Award, 2003.
The Visionary Award del Museum of Art and Design, 2004.
The Architectural Award dalla American Academy of Arts and Letters
He obtained the honorary degree in architecture at the Architecture University in Venice.He got the honorary degree at the following American universities:
- Parson School of Design, New York
- Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, New York.
- Rhode Island School of Design, Providence.
- The Corcoran School of Art, Washington, DC.
- The Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA.
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY.